Navitas Professional offers internship programs in all major Australian cities, allowing you to choose the ideal city in which to complete the program. We offer participants the flexibility to transfer between locations should they wish to study and undertake the internship in different cities.
Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria and is located on the southeast coast of the Australian mainland. It is known as the cultural capital of Australia, producing some of the best art, music, food and fashion in the country. There is approximately 480 hectares of internationally acclaimed parks and gardens around Melbourne city. Melbourne is also famous for its local and international sporting events such as the Australian Open, Melbourne Cup, the Grand Prix and is known as the home of Australian Rules Football (AFL).
Melbourne is Internationally recognised as an education hub of Asia Pacific, in fact international education is Victoria’s largest service export. It has a number of well-ranked Australian universities, including the number 1 university on the Shanghai Jiao Tong World Rankings 2012.
For more information, visit melbourne.com.au.
Essential information about living and travelling in Melbourne
Find out as much information as you can about your accommodation and transport options before arriving.
5 things to see or do in Melbourne
- Experience the thrill of the Formula 1™ Australian Grand Prix
- Visit Australia's oldest art gallery, the National Gallery of Victoria
- Spend the day shopping and celebrity spotting on Chapel Street
- Discover beautiful beaches and rugged coastlines along the Great Ocean Road
- Attend a game of AFL at the world renowned Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)