To enrol, you must have:
- recently completed or currently be completing an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia in a relevant field of study
- evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) or be a native English speaker
- a successful study history
- the eligibility to apply for a suitable visa (if required)
For more eligibility criteria information about your program of interest, click here.
Application process in five easy steps:
• Step 1: Complete the online application form or use the downloadable, editable PDF
• Step 2: Attach certified copies of your documents to your application.
• Step 3: Send your completed application form and documents to Navitas Professional.
• Step 4: Attend an interview at Navitas Professional or over the phone and pay your application fee.
• Step 5: Accept your Letter of Offer and pay your program fees.
To find out more information about how to apply, refer to your relevant program below:
|Application information||Application Form|
You are required to have a suitable visa to undertake an internship program in Australia, unless you're an Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent resident. Please contact us for more information and to discuss your individual situation. For more information about visas please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
The Professional Year Program is a 44 week government gazetted program by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). It involves 32 weeks of part-time coursework and 12 weeks full-time internship at a host company that allows you to utilise your theoretical skills within your field of study, in a practical environment.
Within the 32 weeks of coursework, you will be covering:
- Resumes, cover letters, key selection criteria and interview techniques
- Business soft skills: workplace expectations, WHS, business communications
For a limited time and depending on spaces available, PYP students may be able to gain credits toward a BSB40215 - Certificate IV in Business*. Each unit of competency gained will be nationally accredited and students will be issued a Statement of Attainment, to apply for recognition of prior learning and gain a formal qualification at the Vocational Education institute of their choosing. When you enrol, check with the Navitas Professional team in your location for details.
A more detailed coursework outline can be found here.
*BSB40215 - Certificate IV in Business is delivered by Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd (RTO: 21663)
With a Career Experience Program you will be completing 6 face-to-face interactive workshops. This includes:
- Workshop 1: Australian workplace culture
- Workshop 2: Communication in the workplace
- Workshop 3: Networking and relationships
- Workshop 4: Writing for careers and employment
- Workshop 5: Career and internship readiness
- Workshop 6: Business meetings, presentations and interviews
For more information, please visit the CEP page.
As a Navitas Professional student, you are eligible to transfer between our eight campuses located around Australia. However, this is subject to the availability of open spaces at your requested location. This is done to ensure an ideal student learning environment and a high-quality program for all our students.
If you wish to apply for a transfer, please contact your local Program Services Officer (PSO)
Internship placements in Australia are generally unpaid. The primary goal of an internship placement is to receive training and gain practical experience. Internships focus on learning from professionals in your industry.
All Navitas Professional internships are formal work experience arrangements, are part of an education program and meet the Fair Work Act 2009 requirements for lawful unpaid internships.
Internship Placement Coordinators (IPCs) will process your application and liaise with you to match the best host company to your profile. Host companies are given the opportunity to interview several candidates. Therefore when you start the program it is recommended to provide as much information as possible regarding your interests.
Navitas Professional offers internship programs in all major Australian cities*, allowing you to choose the ideal city in which to complete the program. We offer participants the flexibility to transfer between the locations should they wish to study and undertake the internship in different cities.
*Subject to availability
Great student experiences are at the heart of Navitas Professional’s PY program. Part of that has been the effort to place students in their ideal chosen location and offer transfers to other cities when possible and available. Student Transfers have always been offered as subject to availability, this has been done in order to maintain an ideal student learning environment to ensure a high-quality program for everyone.
By completing an internship related to your field of studies, you will:
- enhance your employment opportunities.
- improve your understanding in application of theoretical knowledge to a 'real work experience'.
- increased soft skills such as confidence, communication, team-building and leadership skills.
- understand and learn how to operate in diverse workplace cultures.
For further benefits that Navitas Professional can uniquely provide you, visit our internships page.
Depending on which Professional Year Program you will be undertaking (Accounting, IT or Engineering) and where you would like to study, the start dates will differ slightly. Visit the start dates page for more information.
For our Career Experience Program we have flexible face-to-face interactive workshops, where you can join any week of the year. To find out which day of the week is the next workshop, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning to start the Navitas Professional Internship Program instead? With our flexible online course structure, timetable and the choice of any state to begin your internship; you can choose to start the program at any time. Apply now for the Navitas Professional Internship Program.