Information on COVID-19 for Navitas Professional students and staff
Things you should know
- Navitas Professional is monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and keeping up to date with the Australian medical authorities for the latest health advice.
- We’re fortunate that there are still no confirmed or suspected coronavirus (COVID-19) cases among Navitas Professional staff or students. [Updated: 19 March 2020]
- We have a team of senior leaders who are meeting daily to monitor the situation and ensure we have plans ready to respond to different scenarios.
- Our focus is very much on preventing the spread of the virus, supporting the health and wellbeing of our learning and teaching community and minimising any future disruptions to study
18/05/2020 - $200 Food Vouchers - Melbourne City Council
The City of Melbourne has announced that international students facing hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be able to apply for food vouchers to the value of $200.
For more information please click here
28/04/2020 - COVID-19 Financial Support
We understand that you might be experiencing unexpected financial challenges because of COVID-19. Feel free to speak with our Campus staff who can discuss a range of options available to you. These include the option of payment plans, government and community support initiatives as well as the possibility to access one-off grants to the value of $500 to assist with living expenses.
Campus staff can be reached at:
Adelaide: AdelaideAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 8 8110 4000)
Brisbane: BrisbaneAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 7 3835 0452)
Canberra: CanberraAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 2 9157 5415)
Darwin: DarwinAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 8 8946 6104)
Hobart: HobartAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 3 9633 0173)
Melbourne: MelbourneAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 3 9633 0100)
Perth: PerthAdmin@navitas-internships.com (+61 8 9314 9649)
Sydney: SydneyAdmin@navitas-internships.com (1300 728 966)
09/04/2020 - Support Services
We have collated a database of resources for students that further support services, these include links and contact details to emergency services, mental health organisations, and counseling services. Should you need help, don't hesitate to seek it out. For more information click here
24/03/2020 - Transition To Online Learning
Navitas Professional continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, which is presenting unprecedented challenges for our teaching and learning communities.
While there have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases at our locations to date, Navitas Professional is preparing to move its programs online to ensure continuity of learning for our students and help ensure your health and wellbeing.
Considering recent government guidelines on social distancing, commencing this week, all Professional Year Programs (Accounting, Engineering, and IT) will be delivered in an online environment. This will allow students to continue their studies remotely and fulfil their coursework obligations.
During this time, our locations will remain open with limited staff onsite to support students who want to access computer labs and equipment.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Navitas Professional has put the health and well-being of students and staff first. We have:
- increased cleaning services and provided additional hand sanitisation at our locations
- widely promoted good hygiene to minimise the risk of infection
- encouraged staff and students to stay home if they feel unwell and to seek medical advice
- implemented a global reporting system to record all suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our students and staff
- have been developing continuity plans which focus on supporting students to continue their studies with minimal disruption
We understand this is an uncertain time for staff, students and their families. We will continue working hard to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community, to support students to continue their studies, and look after our staff.