The Accounting Professional Year Program was developed by CPA Australia, the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). The program is to provide accounting international graduates, from Australian universities, the opportunity to develop the skills and training they need to start their career.
Navitas Professional is the only provider approved by the professional accounting bodies to deliver Accounting Professional Year Program across Australia.
Navitas Accounting Professional Year Program includes:
- 32 weeks of coursework covering Australian work practice, WHS, business communications, job search skills and simulated workplace training. Coursework includes BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- 12 week internship
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning for the duration of your enrolment in the program
- Free online PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation training
- Free professional development workshops and networking events
- The option to transfer between eight campuses*
- Ongoing career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
- Click here for more detailed information about Professional Year Program coursework.
*Subject to availability.
A professional internship placement will provide you with opportunities to apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network.
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and we are proud to have placed 100% of our Accounting PY candidates into a professional internship related to accounting.
- Qualify for migration points towards permanent residency application. For more information, visit Department of Home Affairs website.
- Practical work experience in your field of study
- Professional customised resume, created with Navitas Professional's online resume builder myNavCV
- Professional LinkedIn profile, supplemented by any of 5000+ LinkedIn Learning courses
- Improved English language skills through delivering presentations, simulated workplace training and your choice of either PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation
- Grow your professional network and join relevant professional associations
- A nationally accredited BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- Professional Year Program certificate
Participants are graded on classroom attendance and participation, assessment tasks and completion of the 12 week internship placement in accounting.
To receive a Professional Year certification participants must have a 100% attendance record, complete the required assessment tasks and a 12-week internship placement.
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your internship experience.
Navitas is approved by Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and Professional Associations (CPA, CA & IPA) to offer the Accounting Professional Year Program in all states and the Northern Territory.
- 100% attendance is required by DHA and enforced by Navitas Professional
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All Navitas Professional trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- Navitas Professional trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- Business Development Consultants interview all applicants to assess suitability for the program and internship placements
- Internship Placement Coordinators perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each internship
- All Navitas Professional graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Professional Year Program
- 100% of our placements have been matched to our participants’ professional background and career goals.
- One out of two Professional Year graduates gain employment with their host company*
- Three out of four Professional Year graduates secure employment in their chosen field within six months of graduating*
*Navitas Professional graduate survey June 2014-2017.
To qualify for the Accounting Professional Year Program, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Accounting
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- have a minimum PTE-A score of 50 or IELTS score of 6.0, in all 4 competencies, or equivalent
- provide a valid skills assessment from a professional accounting association or a skills assessment from VETASSESS under the code of Internal Auditor
- To check eligibility, visit the Department of Home Affairs website
With increased use of educational tools throughout the Navitas Professional Year - Accounting coursework, participants will need to bring their own device (e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfill work-simulated activities.
BYOD minimum requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged