The Career Experience Program is a work-readiness program that bridges the gap between being a student and becoming a successful professional in your chosen field. Navitas Professional can give you the skills to achieve your career objectives through six interactive facilitator-led online workshops and a 12-week work placement internship. The skills acquired during this online program will strengthen your employment prospects and provide you with an increased understanding of how to secure a position and navigate the world of work successfully.
The following are all included in the Career Experience Program:
- Online orientation session
- 6 weeks, 1 facilitator led online workshop per week
- 12 week full-time or part-time professional internship
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning for the duration of your enrolment in the program
- PTE-A or IELTS online English language training
- Internship training plan and appointed company mentor
- The option to transfer interstate for your internship*
- Access to custom-built resume creation platform, myNavCV
- Free industry workshops and networking events
- Career counseling; before and during the program and after graduation
- All insurance required for the program
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities Statement of Attainment^
- Navitas Professional Certificate of Completion
*Subject to availability
^Not applicable for student visa holders
100% of our internship placements have been matched to our participants’ professional background and future career goals.
*Some placements may attract a $300 specialty fee.
Our network consists of 4,600+ industry partners; from multi-national ASX 100 companies to small and medium sized businesses across a range of industries. Our wide network enables us to tailor your internship experience to meet your career goals.
Internships can be sourced across a range of industries, including:
- Biological research
- Business Administration
- Charities and Not-for-Profits
- Customer Service
- Environmental Science
- Event Management
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Market Research
- Public Relations
Please contact us to find out more.
The work experience placement component of this course includes summative assessments according to performance and knowledge assessment criteria specified in BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities^.
This is integrated throughout our authentic internship selection process that will build your confidence in key job seeking stages and experience real-world workplace selection process. Once your placement is successful, an agreed personalised internship training plan, with your host company, will be developed and allocated supervisors will mentor and support you throughout your placement.
A mid-internship assessment and post-internship review will be conducted; ensuring participants receive valuable feedback on their progress and workplace skill development.
Upon successful conclusion of the program, students will receive a Certificate of Completion and ongoing career support.
^Not applicable for student visa holders.
Career Experience Program candidates will graduate with:
- experience in job search techniques including LinkedIn profiles, resume and cover letter examples enhancing the conversion of your job application to interview.
- the ability to successfully uncover niche job markets and be able to promote yourself in both the public and private sectors.
- the unique advantage of planning a career and setting professional development goals for you and the vision for your working future.
- realistic expectations relating to employment in the Australian workplace.
- an understanding of acceptable behaviour and practice in the Australian workplace relating to relevant Work Health & Safety (WHS) frameworks, workplace diversity, workplace codes of conduct, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and discrimination.
- the ability to self-manage your daily work activities and how to interact productively with your colleagues in the workplace.
- a solution-focus to workplace problems.
- an awareness of how to give and receive professional constructive feedback.
- an understanding of how to maximise the internship experience.
The coursework includes a series of six online modules**:
Module 1: Succeeding in the Australian Workplace
Module 2: Professional Behaviours
Module 3: Personal Brand
Module 4: Industry Connectivity
Module 5: Job Market
Module 6: Internship Preparation
Upon completion of the modules, you will be eligible to undertake an internship placement relevant to your field of study.
Throughout the program, a dedicated Industry Placement Consultant will meet with you to discuss and assess your career goals, coach and help you prepare for your interview/s and find a suitable placement.
**Where appropriate, online modules' content embeds performance criteria from elements of the national Unit of Competency: BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities in preparation for the vocational placement component of this program^.
^Not applicable for student visa holders
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your internship experience.
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All Navitas Professional trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- Navitas Professional trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- Business Development Consultants interview all applicants to assess suitability for the program and internship placements
- Industry Placement Consultants perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each internship
- All Navitas Professional graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Career Experience Program
Applicants who satisfy the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- be an Australian citizen or hold a suitable visa
- be a native English speaker or demonstrate English language proficiency to a minimum PTE-A score of 50, IELTS band score 6.0 or equivalent
For more information about visas and program advice, please contact your local Navitas Professional office.