Marketing graduates now have an upper hand in excelling their careers in the Australian workplace. The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) and Navitas Professional are very excited to announce the development of the Marketing Career Advancement Program (MCAP). It is a work readiness program that incorporates marketing industry best practice, development of employability skills for the Marketing profession and an industry specific marketing internship placement.
The program entails a 6-week online and face-to-face coursework component; followed by a 12-week vocational placement where students are able to apply their knowledge and skills in the workplace. The program is designed to supplement students’ university Marketing qualification through insights into current marketing best practice and will provide students with opportunities to showcase their skillset to prospective employers.
MCAP offers an accredited Marketing unit to assist graduates apply their research, planning and implementation skills in an authentic workplace-marketing project. After successfully completing the program students will be provided the opportunity to have their skills and knowledge assessed in order to attain a Credential for Self-Management from Deakin University that can be showcased in LinkedIn profiles and resumes to enhance personal branding.
All the program topics are engaging and relevant – they have been carefully designed in consultation with industry experts to optimise the students’ ability to launch a successful career in the Marketing profession. The 2018 report by FYA (Foundation for Young Australians) states that building enterprise skills in education can help new entrants to the job market shorten their time to finding full-time jobs in their chosen fields by up to 17 months. MCAP is designed to assist graduates kick-start a rewarding career quicker.
Marketing Career Advancement Program (MCAP) includes:
- 6 modules of training across 6 weeks, with 3 of them conducted online, and 3 delivered in interactive, face-to-face workshops
- 8 hours training each week for 6 weeks
- 12-week internship placement
- Graduation event
The MCAP has a blend of both face to face sessions, online modules and an internship placement element. During the program, participants will experience:
- 6-week blended sessions on Marketing work-readiness
- 12-week full-time or part-time professional internship
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning for the duration of your enrolment in the program
- Internship training plan and appointed company mentor
- Access to custom-built resume creation platform, myNavCV
- Psychometric test using Facet5 SpotLight
- Industry workshops and networking events
- Career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
- All insurance required for the program
- Digital (Credly) badge for Self-Management
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities Statement of Attainment
- 1-year student membership with AMI
- Access to CPM mentors in the AMI network
Professional Internship candidates will graduate with:
- experience in job search techniques including LinkedIn profiles, resume and cover letter examples enhancing the conversion of your job application to interview
- an understanding of the interview process including the types of questions to expect and how to frame answers according to individual experiences
- realistic expectations relating to employment in the Australian workplace
- an understanding of acceptable behaviour and practice in the Australian workplace relating to relevant Work Health & Safety (WHS) frameworks, workplace diversity, workplace codes of conduct, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and discrimination
- the ability to self-manage their daily work activities in a team environment
- a solution-focus to workplace problems
- an awareness of how to give and receive professional constructive feedback
- an understanding of how to maximise the internship experience.
The different elements of the MCAP have been developed in conjunction with the peak marketing industry body - AMI.
- Upon completion of the modules you will be eligible to undertake an internship placement in the field of Marketing.
- Throughout the program, a dedicated Internship Placement Coordinator will meet with you to discuss and assess your career goals, coach and help you prepare for your interview/s and find a suitable placement.
- Where appropriate, the modules embed performance criteria from elements of the national Unit of Competency: BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities in preparation for the vocational placement component of this program.
- The completion of the program will also allow students to obtain a digital badge for Self-Management.
The 12 week professional internship placement allows the students to work in marketing departments of established companies.
- 100% of our internship placements have been matched to our participants’ professional background and future career goals.
- Our network consists of 4,600 industry partners; from multi-nationals and ASX 100 companies to small and medium sized businesses across a range of industries. Our wide network enables us to tailor your internship experience to meet your career goals.
- The work experience placement component of this course includes summative assessments in accordance with criteria specified in BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities.
- A mid-internship assessment and post-internship review will be conducted; ensuring participants receive valuable feedback on their progress and workplace skill development.
- Upon successful conclusion of the program students will receive a Certificate of Completion and ongoing career support.
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your program.
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All Navitas Professional trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- Navitas Professional trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- All Navitas Professional graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Marketing Career Advancement Program
Local graduates and current final year students are qualified to participate in the Marketing Career Advancement Program, if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Have graduated in last 2 years or is about to graduate from Australian university
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in the field of Marketing or Communications
- Australian citizen or suitable visa holder (work and study rights)
- English level as set out below:
|TOEFL - iBT||64||12||13||21||18|
With increased use of educational tools throughout coursework, participants will need to bring their own device (e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfill work-simulated activities. BYOD minimum requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged
The Marketing Career Advancement Program seeks to give marketing graduates an edge in the marketplace.
- Experience in job search techniques including LinkedIn profiles, resume and cover letter examples enhancing the conversion of your job application to interview.
- Bridging the gap between university and a career in marketing.
- Exposure to Marketing professionals from all levels and various organisations.
- The ability to successfully uncover niche job markets and be able to promote yourself in both the public and private sectors.
- Build your confidence in key job seeking and experience real work workplace selection process.
- An agreed personalised internship training plan with your host company.
- An understanding of the interview process including the types of questions to expect and how to frame answers according to individual experiences.
- An understanding of acceptable behaviour and practice in the Australian workplace relating to relevant Work Health & Safety (WHS) frameworks, workplace diversity, workplace codes of conduct, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and discrimination.
- The ability to self-manage your daily work activities in a team environment.
- Experience working through real world Marketing challenges.
- A solution-focus to workplace problems.
- An awareness of how to give and receive professional constructive feedback.
- An understanding of how to maximise the internship experience.