The Engineering Education Australia's (EEA) Professional Year Program in Engineering was developed to equip international engineering graduates, from Australian universities with the skills and experience they need to start a successful career.
The program consists of training and an engineering internship placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia.
Navitas Professional is the only provider approved by EEA to deliver the Professional Year in Engineering across Australia.
Online delivery of classes is now available to all enrolled students. Contact us for more information.
The Navitas Professional Year Program in Engineering includes:
- 32 weeks of coursework covering Australian work practice, WHS, business communications, job search skills and simulated workplace training.
- 12 week full-time internship
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning for the duration of your enrolment in the program
- Free online PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation training
- Free professional development workshops and networking events
- The option to transfer between eight campuses*
- Ongoing career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
For a limited time and depending on spaces available, PYP students may be able to gain credits toward a Certificate IV in Business. Each unit of competency gained will be nationally accredited and students will be issued a Statement of Attainment, to apply for recognition of prior learning and gain a formal qualification at the Vocational Education institute of their choosing. When you enrol, check with the Navitas Professional team in your location for details.
The below non-compulsory courses are available only to participants of the Professional Year in Engineering:
- Access to Engineers Australia’s online training platform, myCPD. Students will be given complimentary credits to access high quality courses on topics ranging from technical skills, career development and becoming a chartered engineer.
- Fundamentals of Project Management – an online course available in myCPD for an additional fee of $80.
- 10 day English Pronunciation Boot Camp delivered for free by Star Pronunciation.
*Subject to availability.
A professional internship placement will provide you with opportunities to apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network.
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and we are proud to have placed 100% of our engineering candidates into a professional internship related to engineering.
- Qualify for migration points towards permanent residency application. For more information, visit Department of Home Affairs website.
- Practical work experience in your field of study
- Professional customised resume, created with Navitas Professional's online resume builder myNavCV
- Professional LinkedIn profile, supplemented by any of 5000+ LinkedIn Learning courses
- Improved English language skills through delivering presentations, simulated workplace training and your choice of either PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation
- Grow your professional network and join relevant professional associations
- Learn how to use Engineers Australia's new online training platform, myCPD
- Professional Year Program certificate
Participants are graded on classroom attendance and participation, assessment tasks and completion of the 12-week internship placement in engineering.
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your internship experience.
Navitas is approved by Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and Professional Association (EEA) to offer the Professional Year Program - EEA in all eight capital cities of Australia.
- 100% attendance is required by DHA and enforced by Navitas Professional
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All Navitas Professional trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- Navitas Professional trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- Business Development Consultants interview all applicants to assess suitability for the program and internship placements
- Internship Placement Coordinators perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each internship
- All Navitas Professional graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Professional Year Program
- 100% of our placements have been matched to our participants’ professional background and career goals.
- One out of two Professional Year graduates gain employment with their host company*
- Three out of four Professional Year graduates secure employment in their chosen field within six months of graduating*
*Navitas Professional graduate survey June 2014-2017.
To qualify for the Professional Year in Engineering Program, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Engineering
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- have at least a PTE-A score of 50 with nothing below 36 or IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all 4 competencies or equivalent
- provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia
Offshore university graduates may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering on a 476 visa.
For further information visit the Engineering Education Australia website.
With increased use of educational tools throughout the Professional Year Program in Engineering coursework, participants will need to bring their own device (e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfill work-simulated activities.
BYOD minimum requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged